Pages

31 March 2013

One Game A Month

Games - www.onegameamonth.com
Hello all, as promised in my first post I am here to talk about a fantastic idea and fun website, www.onegameamonth.com. One Game a Month is a website all about... Well creating one game a month. It is all about motivating game devs to actually get a game up and working and ready for public consumption every month. Sounds crazy, like too much hard work? Well people are on there and doing it.

Armed with my new tool, Stencyl, I decided to finish my Space Rocks game and enter it on the site as my first game. It was very rewarding due to the way the site gives you XP for various actions, including releasing a game. The XP rewards get bigger and bigger if you keep releasing a game every month. Not that you can do anything with your XP but lets face it, geeks love XP.

My profile and XP
There seems to be a nice little community forming too. There are twitter accounts to follow and a reddit plus other various ways of getting in contact with like minded people. I've already got a few new followers on twitter and my game keeps getting played since putting on the site, so I'm really happy about that.

I'm really looking forward to April. I fully aim to release another game to the unsuspecting gaming community. The more experience I get at making and releasing games the better I'm hoping to get.

Watch this space...

Next time I will be talking to you about April's gaming project!

No comments:

Post a Comment